The VP, Recovery is responsible for the strategic direction and day-to-day operations of the Activate Financial recovery business. The VP, Recovery is responsible for the aggregate risk of the portfolio and developing and deploying appropriate risk mitigation strategies through appropriate policies, procedures and processes. They provide leadership and ensure all areas of responsibility contribute towards the attainment of recovery and fee revenue goals established for the business unit in a cost-effective manner.
- Initiates, develops and oversees the implementation of data-driven collection policies and procedures ensuring compliance with company practices and external regulations.
- Collaborates with finance team to develop and execute long term goals maximizing profitability.
- Applies strategic analysis based on business needs and works as lead change agent in applying and implementing new processes and client initiatives.
- Leads daily operations to maintain performance around daily cash collected, loss curves, and fee revenue.
- Provide continuous coaching and mentoring to build a team with an eye on continual improvement on performance and ROI
- Provide analysis of client portfolio, assessing the impact on various levels of the business, including portfolio performance and loss curves. Provide interpretation of data and results to senior management.
- Conduct analysis and prepare regular reports that depict the status of the various loan portfolio performance compared to forecast.
- Work with support teams to develop and deploy dialer and digital collection strategies.
- Bachelor’s in business management, Economics, or related field.
- 10+ years of experience in collections and financial services industry with at least five years in a management level position.
- Demonstrated knowledge of collection strategies and techniques, policies and procedures with strong understanding of collection laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and professional ethics.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively translate complex data analytics into actionable business items.
- Must demonstrate proven leadership skills with the ability to influence key decision makers, work autonomously and effectively collaborate across business lines under time pressure and dynamic priorities.
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to lead teams of various sizes, focus on broader goals and program details simultaneously, and multi-task effectively.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with employees, co-workers, management team, other departments, vendors, clients and outside agencies, including being sensitive to professional ethics.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment with proven ability to adapt and modify to meet deliverables quickly and effectively.
The work is of an intellectual nature. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is required to stand and sit for prolonged periods. Specific vision abilities required include close and medium distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear normal sounds, distinguish sound as voice and communicate through human speech. This position requires the ability to operate a keyboard, computer mouse, telephone, fax, copier, writing tools, scissors, and other standard office equipment. On an occasion, an employee will be asked to lift items weighing up to 35 lbs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.