The Verification Specialist will be responsible for the preparation and processing of Document Verifications and is expected to adhere to stated policies and procedures of both Vervent and the Clients requesting the Document Verification. The Verification Specialist is expected to format Loan Tapes received from Clients as required for Document Verification. The Verification Specialist will then verify specific fields on the Loan Tapes to those on the underlying Borrower Documents to ensure the accuracy of the Loan Tapes.
- Receive and format Loan Tapes provided by Clients.
- Load the Loan Tapes into the Document Verification system for the purpose of document verification.
- Process the Document Verifications by comparing predetermined fields on the Loan Tape to those in the underlying Borrower Documents.
- For clients with 100% verification requirements, review all rejected verifications with Manager and request updated Loan Tape information from Client as required.
- Prepare Verification Certifications once the process has been successfully completed.
- Process all Document Verification requests within the stated timeline of each Client.
- Requires two (2) years of work in a business environment. High School Diploma or equivalent required. Two (2) years of college a plus.
- General knowledge of loan products and documents.
- Detail oriented with ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities and demonstrate an ability to work with minimal guidance.
- Excellent listening, comprehension and verbal/written communication skills.
- Attention to detail while working in a fast-paced environment a must.
- Competent in computer software, including MS Excel, MS Word, and Internet Browsers.
The work is of an intellectual nature. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is required to stand and sit for prolonged periods. Specific vision abilities required include close and medium distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear normal sounds, distinguish sound as voice and communicate through human speech. This position requires the ability to operate a keyboard, computer mouse, telephone, fax, copier, writing tools, scissors, and other standard office equipment. On an occasion, an employee will be asked to lift items weighing up to 35 lbs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.