The Supervisor, Operations reports to the Manager, Operations and is responsible for developing and delivering solutions for all aspects of operations. Ensures compliant and efficient performance of operations.
- The Supervisor, Operations is expected to oversee, monitor workflow and operational efficiencies. Specifically, this position will:
- Lead and motivate assigned direct reports to innovate and process improve assigned processes while maintaining high service level and timely responses of existing work by a motivated workforce.
- Research and resolve escalated complaints received from the Customer Advocacy Team, Client Services or collateral management associated with assigned processes. Complete investigation of the issue and respond timely and thoroughly. Timely response is generally within 24- 48 hours. Serve as a subject matter expert on various state titling requirements.
- Develop policies and procedures for assigned area of responsibility and drive compliance and accountability within the team. Liaise with Compliance Officer to ensure all current rules and regulations are embedded into department policies and procedures.
- Maintain process documentation for all processes and duties.
- Analyze and respond to trends in volume fluctuation, product mix, regulatory changes and client requirements.
- Ensure team strictly adheres to department standards for maintenance of customer accounts and consistently maintain current customer information on all accounts.
- Perform QA monitoring as a mechanism to identify risk and to ensure that procedures are followed, and risk controls maintained.
- Collaborate and be the voice of the customer with other departments to ensure that customer complaint feedback is broadly known, and corrective steps are actioned for improved customer experience.
- Provide back-up support for procedures processed. Provide on-the-job or up-training as needed.
- Project management of special assignments by management.
- Benchmark team performance and maintain dashboard of team performance monthly. Ensure that underperforming employees meet departmental expectations through the creation and implementation of written action plans.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s in business management, Computer Science, or related field is preferred. High School diploma with some college required.
- 5 years of experience in accounts payable, loan accounting, or general finance with at least 3 years in a supervisory capacity with demonstrated ability to drive accountability and maintain team morale.
- Ability to communicate effectively with various audiences including customers, team members, and attorneys, through written and verbal means.
- Solid organizational skills, ability to work across teams, ability to focus on broader goals and customer level details simultaneously, and ability to multi-task effectively.
- Strong working knowledge of computer software including Microsoft Office and Loan Servicing Software required (Northridge preferred).
The work is of an intellectual nature. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is required to stand and sit for prolonged periods. Specific vision abilities required include close and medium distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear normal sounds, distinguish sound as voice and communicate through human speech. This position requires the ability to operate a keyboard, computer mouse, telephone, fax, copier, writing tools, and other standard office equipment. On an occasion, an employee will be asked to lift items weighing up to 35 lbs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.