The Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst takes the lead on the Power BI instance. They will take part in standardizing development methodologies including: Dashboard Design and Development, Report Automation and Delivery. The Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst additionally designs, tests, and documents the EDW (Enterprise Data Warehouse) in support of business functions. They will have to handle multiple simultaneous tasks, prioritize work, and remain functional under pressure, and aggressive timelines.
- Assists in the design and implementation of the Power BI instance.
- Identify and establish best practices in design and delivery of dashboards and reports in technologies including Power BI.
- Build visual reports, dashboards, and KPI scorecards.
- Develop and create training SOPs for Power BI usage.
- Educate and train members of the team in Power BI design.
- Create complex data procedures in support of report delivery using a variety of technologies that may include: Stored Procedures, Views, SSIS, and other data manipulation technologies.
- Identify, profile, and understand the appropriate data sets for various business needs. May perform analysis for a wide range of requests using data in different formats and from various platforms.
- Articulately and concisely explain the implications of complex data.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline or equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years industry experience in report design, analysis, and statistical concepts.
- Experience with all aspects Power BI is a must, including dashboard/report development and delivery.
- Ability to discover and solve intricate business problems using various data analysis techniques.
- Working knowledge of SQL Views, Stored Procedures, and star and snowflake data models.
- Demonstrated experience in data extraction and manipulation, ETL techniques required.
- Strong TSQL scripting abilities and understanding of complex stored procedures, views, data aggregation/manipulation through table joins/queries, database design, normalization and de-normalization techniques.
- Attention to detail and with strong data analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function effectively both independently and within a team.
- Excellent interpersonal and persuasive oral and written skills.
- Financial industry experience is a plus.
The work is of an intellectual nature. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is required to stand and sit for prolonged periods. Specific vision abilities required include close and medium distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear normal sounds, distinguish sound as voice and communicate through human speech. This position requires the ability to operate a keyboard, computer mouse, telephone, fax, copier, writing tools, scissors, and other standard office equipment. On an occasion, an employee will be asked to lift items weighing up to 35 lbs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.