Accomplishes software requirements, by developing, testing, deploying and maintaining applications, processes, and databases.
- Design, develop, and maintain applications using Perl modules /code that meets requirements, is high quality, and performs efficiently and effectively.
- Develops and maintains applications and databases by evaluating client needs; analyzing requirements; developing software systems.
- Incorporate standards and best practices, including performance, security, scalability, and maintainability.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing projects on time and with minimal defects.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential and adhering to all company information security policies.
- Takes ownership of processes/applications post development, inclusive, but not limited to daily monitoring to ensure ongoing success.
- Ensures that task ticket system is kept up to date with current status and notes are kept up to date.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Review and provide feedback on functional and technical requirements.
- Define and propose solutions for meeting requirements.
- Contributing to improvements in the software development lifecycle (SDLC) utilizing practices such as test-driven development (TDD), static code analysis, code reviews, continuous integration, continuous delivery, and automated security scanning.
- College Degree in related discipline
- Must live in the Pacific Time Zone
- Minimum five years of experience developing and maintaining applications
- Experience with loan servicing or other financial systems is an asset.
Perl, SQL Server, Restful APIs, SOAP APIs, Information Analysis, Problem Solving, Attention to Detail, Software Design, Software Debugging, Software Development Fundamentals, Software Documentation, Software Testing, Software Requirements, Software Development Process
The work is of an intellectual nature. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is required to stand and sit for prolonged periods. Specific vision abilities required include close and medium distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear normal sounds, distinguish sound as voice and communicate through human speech. This position requires the ability to operate a keyboard, computer mouse, telephone, fax, copier, writing tools, and other standard office equipment. On an occasion, an employee will be asked to lift items weighing up to 35 lbs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.