The Senior Financial Analyst performs professional duties related to the review, assessment, and development of business accounting processes. The Senior Financial Analyst will analyze and translate financial data into client billing practices and business process changes. They will develop and deploy solutions for proper recording of transactions in accounting system of record including cash balancing, reconciliation, and preparation of financial statements and reporting to executive team in accordance with GAAP.
- Acts as a liaison between departmental end-users, technical analysts, and executive management team in the analysis, design, configuration, testing and maintenance of accounting systems to ensure optimal operational performance.
- Organizes and conducts business process reengineering/improvement projects and/or management reviews through gap analysis and develops multiple solutions for identified gaps.
- Improves systems and processes by studying current practices and designing modifications.
- Develops revenue and cost models for use in business impact discussions.
- Develops and implements financial and operations systems and reports to monitor and evaluate performance.
- Provides financial analysis, variance analysis, and budgeting support throughout the company.
- Provide support for development and updating of the sales, revenue and expense forecasts.
- Completes month-end accounting processes to include journal entries (e.g. accruals, prepaid amortization, reclassifications) in addition to contract billings.
- Provide financial and non-financial analysis of operation results and special projects, assessing their impact on various levels of the business, including costs and profit margin. Provide interpretation of financial and statistical data and results to senior management.
- Coordinate company’s cash management activities ensuring efficiency and adherence to internal controls.
- Provides annual audit support for external audit or SSAE18 operational audit. Assists in the preparation and timely completion of all Tax Filings and annual insurance renewals.
- Develops policies and procedures for assigned area and drives compliance and accountability within assigned team. Liaise with Compliance Officer to ensure all current rules and regulation are embedded into department policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in cash management, financial analysis and budgeting.
- Ability to work alone with minimum supervision and with others in a team environment, occasionally under time pressure and on several tasks at the same time.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with co-workers, management team, other Departments, vendors, and outside agencies, including being sensitive to professional ethics.
- Must possess proven leadership skills with the ability to influence key decision makers and collaborate across business lines.
- Must demonstrate strong analytical skills and be able to translate data into action.
- Solid organizational skills with ability to lead teams of various sizes, focus on broader goals and project details simultaneously, and multi-task effectively.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Accounting software, NetSuite preferred.
The work is of an intellectual nature. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is required to stand and sit for prolonged periods. Specific vision abilities required include close and medium distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear normal sounds, distinguish sound as voice and communicate through human speech. This position requires the ability to operate a keyboard, computer mouse, telephone, fax, copier, writing tools, and other standard office equipment. On an occasion, an employee will be asked to lift items weighing up to 35 lbs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.