The Senior Data Analyst takes lead in the conversion of data into insights that will lead to informed business decisions. They will be a strategic thought partner for stakeholders and senior management team. They develop business solutions through the constant modification of the existing business intelligence solutions. The Senior Data Analyst additionally designs, codes, debugs, tests, documents, and supports server-based applications such as SQL consistent with established business requirements and specifications in order to deliver the highest possible value to the business. They will have to handle multiple simultaneous tasks, prioritize work, and remain functional under pressure, and aggressive timelines.
- Builds statistical models, diagnoses, validates, and improves the performance of these models over time in addition to creating efficient and reusable SQL code meant for the improvement, manipulation, and analysis of data.
- Build processes that ensure timely data-loading and maintain accuracy and relevance of data.
- Self-identify and execute upon analytics that bring actionable insights to business leaders.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and obtain buy-in by providing easy-to-understand explanations of data analysis through reports and visual dashboards that deliver high-value insights.
- Identify and validate the appropriate technological solutions for various needs. May perform analysis for a wide range of requests using data in different formats and from various platforms.
- Troubleshoot data integrity issues, analyze data for completeness to meet business needs, and propose solutions and recommendations.
- Explore data to discover patterns, meaningful relationships, anomalies, and trends.
- Maintain objectivity to ensure processes and products are relevant.
- Make data-driven recommendations.
- Articulately and concisely explain the implications of complex data.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline or equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years industry experience in data modeling, analysis, and statistical concepts.
- Experience leading, developing, and collaborating on advanced analytics that drive strategic initiatives.
- Ability to discover and solve intricate business problems using various data analysis techniques.
- Working knowledge of SQL, ETL and data cleansing.
- Experience with dashboards, business intelligence tools, and data visualization solutions.
- Attention to detail and with strong data analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function effectively both independently and within a team.
- Excellent interpersonal and persuasive oral and written skills.
- Effectively translate complex data analytics into actionable business items.
The work is of an intellectual nature. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is required to stand and sit for prolonged periods. Specific vision abilities required include close and medium distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear normal sounds, distinguish sound as voice and communicate through human speech. This position requires the ability to operate a keyboard, computer mouse, telephone, fax, copier, writing tools, and other standard office equipment. On an occasion, an employee will be asked to lift items weighing up to 35 lbs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.