The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for the day-to-day management of assigned HR operations. The HR Generalist must function independently and objectively to review and evaluate Human Resource issues within the organization while ensuring employee morale and adherence to regulations, statutory requirements and company standards.
- Administers human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assist in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepare and maintain the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
- Conducts human resource operations including recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining staff; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing staff job contributions; maintaining compensation; compensation reporting, resolving problems; being a positive change agent.
- Conduct exit interviews, analyze data and make recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Manage leaves of absence, ADA accommodations, and worker’s compensation claims. Represent the company for any unemployment claims.
- Processes bi-weekly Payroll in HRIS/Payroll system and out of cycle special payment batches.
- Maintains payroll records for all employees, including setting up new hires, posting changes to current employees and processing terminations.
- Maintains employee personnel files to ensure legal compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares and coordinates execution of new hire paperwork including offer packet, benefit eligibility, enrollments, terminations, and conduct new hire orientation meetings.
- Create and maintain job descriptions which are accurate and relevant.
- Represent organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations
- Bachelor’s in business management, Human Resource Management, or related field.
- 2-3 years of experience in a human resource generalist function within financial services or related field, or combination of relevant experience and education.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to identify and translate data into actionable measures.
- Ability to communicate effectively with various audiences internally and externally through written and verbal means.
- Solid organizational skills with an ability to multi-task effectively.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and HRIS systems.
- Ability to work collaboratively across a diverse workforce.
- Must demonstrate the following competencies: ethical conduct, proficient communication, time management, technical capacity, and thoroughness.
The work is of an intellectual nature. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is required to stand and sit for prolonged periods. Specific vision abilities required include close and medium distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear normal sounds, distinguish sound as voice and communicate through human speech. This position requires the ability to operate a keyboard, computer mouse, telephone, fax, copier, writing tools, scissors, and other standard office equipment. On an occasion, an employee will be asked to lift items weighing up to 35 lbs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.