The Director, Client Engagement is responsible for the client experience from onboarding through the servicing lifecycle. This function includes ongoing relationship management, portfolio management and revenue generation. Additionally, the Director, Client Engagement establishes the company brand with the clients and ensures that client needs are identified and proactively managed. This role will lead people and will partner with associated teams to join the mission of transforming client experiences while bringing growth to day-to-day business.
- Oversee revenue growth and target profitability in the areas of customer experience, portfolio management and needs for client services and investor reporting groups.
- Directly manages and develops Client Services Teams as well as manages performance and outcomes as related to client success and individual and team contributions.
- Track investor contribution documents and coordinate client on-boarding processes.
- Maintain pipeline of qualified, active opportunities and managing them to maturity growth.
- Develop documents and vendor agreements through sales strategy and account management plans.
- Align internal stakeholders for account planning and client specific strategies.
- Lead new lines of business and overall retention of client accounts.
- Develop executive level relationships within client organizations.
- Engage C-level executives with account insights and expertise to demonstrate business trends.
- Orchestrate internal and external stakeholders throughout the entire client lifecycle.
- Manage ad-hoc client requests, portfolio-level requirements and analytics.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field with master’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in client facing account management with responsibility for client experience, engagement and growth. Global account management preferred.
- Ability to work in a collaborative manner, identify challenges and barriers and recommend resolution.
- Ability to function cohesively as the voice of the client with operations, technology and executive team members.
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Skill in communicating clearly, effectively, tactfully and patiently in person, over the phone and in writing to a diverse population, one-on-one or small groups, with ability to lead and influence others.
- Demonstrated C-level contact and engagement experience.
- Demonstrated experience leading successful, high dollar client portfolios.
- Proven Financial Industry expertise and leadership with a high degree of business acumen and high emotional intelligence.
The work is of an intellectual nature. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is required to stand and sit for prolonged periods. Specific vision abilities required include close and medium distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear normal sounds, distinguish sound as voice and communicate through human speech. This position requires the ability to operate a keyboard, computer mouse, telephone, fax, copier, writing tools, and other standard office equipment. On an occasion, an employee will be asked to lift items weighing up to 35 lbs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.