The Communications Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day creation and management of consumer communications. This includes direct mail campaigns, communication infrastructure management and inventory of written communications to clients and consumers. The Communications Specialist will be a subject matter expert on project teams for evaluating business process changes and improvements and will be responsible for print vendor management and ensure appropriate buy-in/approvals with business line leaders, compliance, information technology and others.
- Create a variety of content utilizing different voice and medium to include: verbal, written, internal, external-client, and external-consumer.
- Maintain current subject matter expertise in areas of responsibility as well as compliance requirements for letters, email and text.
- Develop standard policies and procedures for communication development, execution and ongoing management.
- Design automation of outbound communications and communication inventory management and work with the project office to execute.
- Proofread, edit and complete press-checks to ensure all projects are error free and consistent with brand standards
- Facilitate content implementation including reviews, process management and execution
- Update content calendar and ensure coordination with business owners across impacted departments
- Help establish, maintain and communicate brand standards via the creation of content repositories and other tools
- Support production work as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, English, journalism, communications or related field
- 2+ years of experience in content development.
- Previous experience working with NMLS preferred.
- Demonstrate high degree of intellectual curiosity, exercise sound business judgment, work collaboratively and engage in critical thinking and analysis.
- Ability to communicate effectively with various audiences including customers, team members, and clients, through written and verbal means.
- Proven ability to create compelling copy across multiple channels
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment with proven ability to adapt and modify to meet deliverables quickly and effectively
- Ability to work independently and easily follow instructions
- Attention to detail, solid organizational skills, ability to work across teams, ability to focus on broader goals and customer level details simultaneously, and ability to multi-task effectively.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Strong working knowledge of computer software including Microsoft Office
The work is of an intellectual nature. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is required to stand and sit for prolonged periods. Specific vision abilities required include close and medium distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear normal sounds, distinguish sound as voice and communicate through human speech. This position requires the ability to operate a keyboard, computer mouse, telephone, fax, copier, writing tools, and other standard office equipment. On an occasion, an employee will be asked to lift items weighing up to 35 lbs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.