The Account Management Specialist is responsible for developing and delivering solutions for payment exception processing and account level accounting. The Account Management Specialist will also perform administrative tasks such as preparing and filing legal documents, handling bankruptcy correspondence, and communicating with bankruptcy internal and external clients. Additionally, this position is responsible for processing all Bankruptcy related correspondence, notifications and inquiries received from clients, debtors, debtors’ attorneys, courts, trustees and staff.
- Oversee all payment posting and balancingactivities and ensure timely resolution to any unapplied, misapplied, or out of balance incident.
- Make suggestions to innovate and process improve the payment posting work while maintaining high service level and timely responses of existing work by a motivated workforce
- Research and resolve escalated complaints received from the Call Center, Customer Advocacy Team or Client Services associated with payment issues. Complete investigation of the issue and respond timely and thoroughly. Timely response is generally within 24- 48 hours.
- Complete all tasks and desk cases within 48 business hours. If it will take more than 48 business hours to resolve, communicate to the department supervisor.
- Insure timely and accurate posting of all customer or 3rd party payments. All payments are to be posted on same business day received. Reconciliation of all postings to be completed nightly before end of shift.
- Analyze and respond to trends in volume fluctuation, product mix, regulatory changes and client requirements.
- Adhere to department standards for maintenance of customer accounts and consistently maintain current customer, collateral, and status information on all accounts.
- Research unidentified payments and decision within 24-48 hours.
- Collaborate and be the voice of the customer with other departments.
- Direct maintenance on all types of accounts including updating loan servicing system and any internal databases as necessary (flagging accounts in bankruptcy) to ensure company adherence to the automatic stay and any applicable laws (close credit lines, block billing, and credit bureau reporting).
- Performing quality control checks to identify risk and to ensure that procedures are being followed.
- Ensuring proper flow of information to/from various departments to identify and flag accounts.
- Providing Notices of Bankruptcy Filing (341 Notices) to company bankruptcy attorney.
- Monitor accounts by taking proper action after case dismissal or discharge; conduct research on bankruptcy related matters to assist outside council; and evaluate and implement proper course of action for any bankruptcy related issue that may arise.
- Processing NLS tasks for various requests related to bankruptcy.
- Develop and maintain relationships with bankruptcy attorneys.
- High School diploma with some college required. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business preferred
- 2-3 years of experience in accounts payable, loan accounting, or general finance and minimum 2 years collections experience and exposure to post charge-off collections
- Ability to communicate effectively with various audiences including customers, team members, and clients, through written and verbal means.
- Knowledge of consumer bankruptcy – Emphasis on Creditor Representation
- Working knowledge of: Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) and Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
- Solid organizational skills, ability to work across teams, ability to focus on broader goals and customer level details simultaneously, and ability to multi-task effectively.
- Strong working knowledge of computer software including Microsoft Office and Loan Servicing Software required (Nortridge preferred).
The work is of an intellectual nature. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is required to stand and sit for prolonged periods. Specific vision abilities required include close and medium distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear normal sounds, distinguish sound as voice and communicate through human speech. This position requires the ability to operate a keyboard, computer mouse, telephone, fax, copier, writing tools, scissors, and other standard office equipment. On an occasion, an employee will be asked to lift items weighing up to 35 lbs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.